VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE REFUND POLICY
To qualify for a full or partial refund, the parent of the participant must contact the lacrosse commissioner by filling out the form in the left hand menu "Parent Refund Request
." The date on the form will determine the amount of the refund based on existing sport policy. A copy of the submission will be sent automatically to the VYI Treasurer and the lacrosse commissioner.
The LACROSSE COMMISSIONER must approve any refund before a check can be mailed.
If, after submitting the "Parent Refund Request
" form, you do not receive a response within 5 business days, please follow up with the lacrosse commissioner to confirm that your request has been received.
A full refund will be granted within 24 hours of a submission provided a Parent Refund Request form is submitted and the dates can be verified. Otherwise, refunds are granted only within the guidelines and time frames listed below.
1. Refunds for regular season registration of any amount will NOT be granted once team formation takes place regardless of dates specified below.
2. For regular Spring season registration for 2018, a full refund of registration fees shall be granted, if requested and submitted on a a Parent Refund Request form, no later than January 22, 2018.
3. For regular Spring season registration for 2018, a 50% refund shall be granted if requested and submitted on a Parent Refund Request form, after January 22 but before January 29, 2018.
4. For Little Lax and 6U a full refund shall be granted if requested at least 7 days prior to the scheduled first session.
5. For fall clinics, a full refund of registration fees shall be granted if requested at least 7 days prior to the scheduled first session. For preseason clinics (usually held in January), a full refund of registration fees shall be granted if requested at least 7 days prior to the scheduled first session.
For fall and preseason clinics, a 50% refund shall be granted if requested after the aforementioned 7 days, but prior to the scheduled first session of the program.
High School Teams
6. Full refunds are provided to any student athlete, in the 9th-12th grade, who makes a high school lacrosse team after VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE registration and withdraws for that reason. The participant must withdraw and notify the lacrosse commissioner within 5 business days of being notified that they made their high school team. If funds have been specifically committed for that player such as County fees or the purchase of equipment or uniform, the refund will exclude that amount. NO refunds in any amount will be granted for registrations after this “five business day” period has expired.
7. If VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE has loaned or rented equipment to the participant, no refund will be issued until said equipment has been verified as returned. If equipment return comes after a cutoff date specified above, the refund provided will relate to the date when equipment is returned and not the date of the original request for refund.
Guidelines & Restrictions
8. Any refunds granted shall be subject to deductions for any processing fees, non-VYI or VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE fees or VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE purchases directly related to the individual registered. Costs deducted may include County fees, VYI fees, VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE fees, or specific uniform or equipment fees committed to by VYI on registration.
9. Refund amounts and guidelines are determined by the lacrosse commissioner. Due to varying levels of costs, advance purchasing requirements for equipment and uniforms, fees paid to governing bodies (Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse League (NVYLL)), and the overall organizational costs of realigning teams, the commissioner determines the impact of withdrawal from the program and sets refund amounts and dates accordingly.
10. Refunds are NOT provided because families cannot, or will not, accommodate their schedules to VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE practice or game times and refunds are not provided because the league will not accommodate a specific coach/team request or car pool request, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above. Refunds are not provided because a family is disappointed in and/or disagrees with team placement of their player, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above. In addition, injuries are a part of all sports at any level and are not generally considered as a reason for a refund, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above.
11. VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE reserves the right to change this policy at any time and to deny or approve a refund for any reason. We strive for consistency and fairness and will evaluate every request objectively. However, there may be circumstances VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE did not foresee when forming this refund policy that may require us to deny or approve a particular refund request or to change the refund policy.
12. VIENNA YOUTH LACROSSE will make every attempt to be consistent across this website. If there is an inconsistency between this policy and a policy listed elsewhere on the site or in other materials, the lacrosse commissioner will have the final determination as to which policy takes precedence. If you find an inconsistency, whether related to this policy or other web content, please report it to